NVIT Calvert Equity
Objective And StrategyObjective
Seeks long term growth of capital by investing primarily in securities of companies that meet the Fund's financial criteria and social policy.
The fund invests primarily in equity securities of mid- to large-cap companies that the subadviser believes follow principles of good corporate citizenship, as demonstrated by leadership in environmental concerns and progressive workplace practices, including diversity and community relations. It may invest in the securities of companies located or conducting business outside of the United States.
* This portfolio invests in securities of foreign issuers which involves risks not typically associated with domestic issuers, including currency fluctuations and the possibility of political and economic instability. Emerging markets involve risks in addition to those generally associated with foreign securities, because political and economic structures in many emerging markets may be undergoing significant evolution and rapid development.
* This portfolio invests (or may invest) in securities of companies with micro-, small-, or mid-capitalization. Any investment in micro-, small-, or mid-capitalization companies involves greater risk than that customarily associated with investments in larger, more established companies because of the greater business risks of smaller size, limited markets and financial resources, narrower product lines, and frequent lack of management depth. As such, micro- or small-cap companies may be more subject to erratic and abrupt market movements than securities of larger, more established companies.
* This Fund may invest in publicly issued equity securities, including common stocks. Investments in common stocks are subject to market risks that may cause their prices to fluctuate over time.
* The Fund’s social policy may cause it to underperform similar mutual funds that do not have a social policy.
Large Cap Growth03/2008
- Fund Prospectus and Other Forms