Objective And StrategyObjective
Seeks investment results, before fees and expenses, that correspond to the performance of the Dow Jones U.S. Technology Index.
The Fund invests in equity securities that ProFund Advisors believes, in combination, should have similar daily return characteristics as the Dow Jones U.S. Technology Index. Assets not invested in equity securities may be invested in money market instruments.
Tax Inefficient Fund
* The value of your investment in a Fund is based on the net asset value ("NAV") of the underlying funds and, in turn, the securities that the underlying funds hold. The Funds are subject to the risk that one or more underlying funds will not perform as expected or will under perform other similar funds or that the combination of underlying funds selected by the Funds' investment will not perform as expected. The Funds will be exposed to all of the risk of an investment in the underlying Funds.
* This Fund does not use defensive strategies or attempt to reduce its exposure to poorly performing stocks. Therefore, if the index performs poorly, the Fund, because it is correlated to the index, will perform poorly. Correlation between the Fund's performance and that of the index may also be negatively affected by the Fund's expenses, changes in the composition of the index, and the timing of purchase and redemption of Fund shares.
* Technology investment risk is the risk that securities of technology companies may be subject to greater volatility than stocks of companies in other market sectors.
* A percentage of the fund’s investments may be held for relatively short periods of time. Shorter holding periods, in turn, result in higher portfolio turnover and increased brokerage commission costs.
- Fund Prospectus and Other Forms