ProFunds Asia 30
Objective And StrategyObjective
Seeks investment results, before fees and expenses, that correspond to the performance of the ProFunds Asia 30 Index.
The Fund invests in equity securities, depositary receipts and derivatives that ProFund Advisors believes, in combination, should have similar daily return characteristics as the daily return of the Index. Assets of the Fund not invested in equity securities, depositary receipts or derivatives will typically be held in money market instruments.
Tax Inefficient Fund
* This portfolio invests (or may invest) in securities of companies with micro-, small-, or mid-capitalization. Any investment in micro-, small-, or mid-capitalization companies involves greater risk than that customarily associated with investments in larger, more established companies because of the greater business risks of smaller size, limited markets and financial resources, narrower product lines, and frequent lack of management depth. As such, micro- or small-cap companies may be more subject to erratic and abrupt market movements than securities of larger, more established companies.
* At times, the Fund's investments may represent industries or industry sectors that are interrelated or have common risks, making it more susceptible to any economic, political, or regulatory developments or other risks affecting those industries and sectors.
* The value of your investment in a Fund is based on the net asset value ("NAV") of the underlying funds and, in turn, the securities that the underlying funds hold. The Funds are subject to the risk that one or more underlying funds will not perform as expected or will under perform other similar funds or that the combination of underlying funds selected by the Funds' investment will not perform as expected. The Funds will be exposed to all of the risk of an investment in the underlying Funds.
* This Fund does not use defensive strategies or attempt to reduce its exposure to poorly performing stocks. Therefore, if the index performs poorly, the Fund, because it is correlated to the index, will perform poorly. Correlation between the Fund's performance and that of the index may also be negatively affected by the Fund's expenses, changes in the composition of the index, and the timing of purchase and redemption of Fund shares.
* A percentage of the fund’s investments may be held for relatively short periods of time. Shorter holding periods, in turn, result in higher portfolio turnover and increased brokerage commission costs.
- Fund Prospectus and Other Forms