ProFunds Emerging Markets
Objective And StrategyObjective
Seeks investment results, before fees and expenses, that correspond to the performance of the Bank of New York Mellon Emerging Markets 50 ADR Index.
The Fund invests in equity securities and derivatives that, in combination, are expected to have similar daily return characteristics as the Bank of New York Emerging Markets 50 ADR Index. Assets not invested in equity securities or derivatives may be invested in money market instruments.
Tax Inefficient Fund
* This portfolio invests in securities of foreign issuers which involves risks not typically associated with domestic issuers, including currency fluctuations and the possibility of political and economic instability. Emerging markets involve risks in addition to those generally associated with foreign securities, because political and economic structures in many emerging markets may be undergoing significant evolution and rapid development.
* This portfolio invests (or may invest) in securities of companies with micro-, small-, or mid-capitalization. Any investment in micro-, small-, or mid-capitalization companies involves greater risk than that customarily associated with investments in larger, more established companies because of the greater business risks of smaller size, limited markets and financial resources, narrower product lines, and frequent lack of management depth. As such, micro- or small-cap companies may be more subject to erratic and abrupt market movements than securities of larger, more established companies.
* The value of your investment in a Fund is based on the net asset value ("NAV") of the underlying funds and, in turn, the securities that the underlying funds hold. The Funds are subject to the risk that one or more underlying funds will not perform as expected or will under perform other similar funds or that the combination of underlying funds selected by the Funds' investment will not perform as expected. The Funds will be exposed to all of the risk of an investment in the underlying Funds.
* This Fund does not use defensive strategies or attempt to reduce its exposure to poorly performing stocks. Therefore, if the index performs poorly, the Fund, because it is correlated to the index, will perform poorly. Correlation between the Fund's performance and that of the index may also be negatively affected by the Fund's expenses, changes in the composition of the index, and the timing of purchase and redemption of Fund shares.
* A percentage of the fund’s investments may be held for relatively short periods of time. Shorter holding periods, in turn, result in higher portfolio turnover and increased brokerage commission costs.
- Fund Prospectus and Other Forms