Rydex S&P SmallCap 600 Pure Growth
Objective And StrategyObjective
Investment returns that correlate to the performance of the S&P SmallCap 600/Citigroup Pure Growth Index.
Normally invests at least 80% of assets in securities of the underlying index and derivatives and other instruments whose performance is expected to correspond to that of the underlying index, such as futures and options and swap agreements. On a day-to-day basis, may hold short-term U.S. Government securities to collateralize derivative positions.
Tax Inefficient Fund
* This portfolio is non-diversified, with the potential to invest a greater portion of its assets in a limited number of companies. Consequently, this portfolio may have more risk as changes in the value of a single security may have a more significant effect on the portfolio's net asset value.
* This portfolio invests (or may invest) in securities of companies with micro-, small-, or mid-capitalization. Any investment in micro-, small-, or mid-capitalization companies involves greater risk than that customarily associated with investments in larger, more established companies because of the greater business risks of smaller size, limited markets and financial resources, narrower product lines, and frequent lack of management depth. As such, micro- or small-cap companies may be more subject to erratic and abrupt market movements than securities of larger, more established companies.
* This portfolio can leverage or use leveraged instruments or derivatives. Portfolios that use leverage, that is, borrow money, are subject to the risk that the cost of borrowing money to leverage will exceed the returns for the securities purchased or that the securities purchased may actually go down in value. Thus the portfolio's net asset value can decrease more quickly than if the portfolio had not borrowed. Portfolios that use leveraged instruments or derivatives such as futures, options and swap agreements, may expose the portfolio to additional risks that it would not be subject to if it invested directly in the securities underlying those derivatives. The more a portfolio invests in leveraged instruments, the more the leverage will magnify any gains or losses on those investments.
* This portfolio is subject to tracking error risk such that the Advisor may not be able to cause the portfolio's performance to match or exceed that of its benchmark, either on a daily or an aggregate basis. Tracking error may cause the portfolio's performance to be less than you expect.
* Certain portfolios are subject to active trading risk. (Some may derive a significant portion of their assets from investors who take part in certain strategic and tactical asset allocation programs). The frequent exchange of shares of the portfolio may cause the portfolio to experience high turnover. High portfolio turnover may result in the portfolio having to pay higher transaction costs and may negatively impact the portfolio manager's ability to achieve the investment objective of the portfolio.
Small Cap Growth05/2004
- Fund Prospectus and Other Forms